Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Saturday, May 21, 2011

We Love Our Heros Blog Hop 5/21

Today is Armed Forces Day, so again, this is a hop to support and bring awareness to the works of Operations Write Home.  You should have arrived here from Amy - http://www.lovetocrop.com/ .  If not please start at Misty's - http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/ so you don't miss anything this wonderful group has to offer.  In addition to card makers making cards for service persons to send home to their families, OWH has what they call "Hero Mail."  These cards can be any size, not just the usual required A2.  They also include a personal note to 'Any Hero.'  We call them Hero's because OWH handles all branches of service.  These are passed out to deployed hero's, who might not get much mail, or just passed around to enjoy news from home.  Here is more info:
http://operationwritehome.org/anyhero.html
Thank you to All of our Hero's, past, present, and those who serve on the Homefront as well!



I made my card from K & Company Amercana Paper Stack.  BLOG CANDY ALERT --- Blog Candy is My Pink Stamper Buggy Punnies.  Please just make sure that you are a follower of my blog, and leave a comment for me to get in touch with you.  Monday I will pick and announce a winner.

Your next stop is......Kathie  http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com/ .

24 comments:

Misty said...

Awesome Anita! It has the look of a shadowbox to it!
Thanks for being part of my hop.
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Linda Therrien said...

What a pretty card - love the colors.
I'm a new follower

Linda
www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com
therrien _ Linda at yahoo dot com

Josie0602 said...

Super card! I love the papers you chose!
Tracy
jtg0398(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Jazmin said...

A very pretty card. I love the paper!

Jazzy
www.JazzysCards.Blogspot.com

Darlene said...

Love that paper and your card! TFS and I enjoyed hopping with you

Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Tanya said...

Aww.. I LOVE your card!! The papers are amazing!!!

Hugs,
Tanya
freddylswillima@windstream.net

kathlee said...

Beautiful..just love those papers! Nice hopping with you today!
TFS!
Kathie
Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Nancy M said...

Nice card. I like how the design is so balanced, if that makes sense. Thanks for the chance for goodies! RBBRRMQN@YAHOO.COM

Lillian Child said...

So lovely! And thank you for your support of the OWH program. My husband is a decorated Vietnam veteran and I appreciate anyone who takes time to recognize our troops and all that they do for us. HUGS!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

craftaholic said...

Thanks for sharing you card with us!~! Very nice!!! I like the paper stack you used!!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

MeLoveBono - Ms. V to you ;) said...

Hi Anita, I am Vicki and participating in the Hero hop with you - I finalllllllly got out to view everyones cards...and wow - what a great bunch of crafters....don't you just love doing this for OWH? Now -- off to hop hop hop ;)

sallysbitz said...

This is just brilliant Anita x

I am part of the blog hop team and am hopping my way through x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Becky Dunham said...

Great card Anita! I have just recently vowed to start making cards for OWH and I have very little product to do so. I love K and Company - going to have to search for this paper pack. Thanks for the inspiration!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

jordanbev5 said...

Lovely card, Anita! Need to make some myself. Thank you for motivating me!

Patti Ross said...

Beautiful card!!1

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

McVic said...

awesome job! love the paper. Im a follower
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Crafty Diva said...

Love your card - great job and thanks for sharing! I'm already a follower.
j dot berb at hotmail dot com

In Love with a Bug said...

Beautiful card - love the dimension. So happy to be in this hop with you. I am already a follower.
Melanie
http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com
mfink197 at gmail dot com

Amy said...

Lovely card, Anita!! :) I was about to say that it looks like a shadowbox when I saw that Misty also said that!! Cool dimension!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

Sue D said...

Very nice--perfect papers! I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Great card!!

Lynn said...

Love your card! Thanks for being a part of OWH and making HeroMail, from a proud American VET!

hiscreation2 at hotmail dot com

Laura Evangeline said...

I love it!

bcriminger said...

What a great masterpiece! Thank you for joining us at Paper This and That Challenge.