Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cocktails & Dreams-Blog Hop 1st Aug 2011

Welcome to my blog and my interpretation of Gill's "Cocktails & Dreams " theme.Thank you Gill   http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com  for organizing this.You should have just come from Angela   http://fistfullofglittercardsbyaj.blogspot.com   --if not you can start at the beginning with Gill. When Gill described what she wanted I wasn't sure if I would have any thing to offer---but what I envision is what I have with a wonderful group of ladies that I have indirectly worked with for ten years.  Every month they go somewhere nice to eat and relax and for some to have a cocktail---to celebrate any birthdays in that month.  Some months no birthdays so we don't go and sometimes life just gets in the way------but we are very close---we have all had our trials in life but we are still strong women and our relationship with each other is closer than ever.  Month after month, year after year we still care for each other--no matter what our problems are we are there for each other----and that's what I think about with this theme.This is our 2 hour time of dreams and relaxation that we can look forward to.I made a card that used a Unity Stamp"carefree" and their dragonfly stamp.   I also used my MS punch for the butterflies and added pearls..
Blog Candy----Please start following me and leave a comment with a way to get in touch with you and I will pick the winner of a gift certificate to Kinderstampo for $30.00 on Wednesday August 3.  I am only 20 followers away from 500 and I would love to get there with this hop.  Now hop over to Emily   www.createserendipity.net  --and see what she has created. Thank everyone for always leaving such sweet comments----this blog is truly a blessing to me-----

Photobucket

18 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the shade of blue and the pearls. I am already a follower.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so pretty, I love the calming color of blue and the pearls are such a soft and lovely accent. Thank you so very much!
Lisa
summer_sunset54 at hotmail.com

Babe O'Mara said...

Such a pretty card with the butterflies and pearls. I'm already a follower. Good luck on reaching your goal.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

silvia-haynes said...

Beautiful butterflies!!

Gill McCall said...

i love the card and your story too - thank you for sharing. im loving this hop and so excited to see what everone creates - thank you for taking part. good luck in reaching 500 - im on my way now to 600

Valerie said...

Great story which I can empathise with as I have a group of friends that goes back 30 years:)Lovely card
Val x

Amanda said...

love the butterflies & pearls! thanks & following via GFC! who won the awesome altered clipboard on Fri.? prhmangel@gmail.com

LisaG said...

Aww! I love this card, butterflies are a fave of mine. The story is really touching too. I have a group of friends who I have known since I was 4. We haven't all been together in nearly 10 years, so I'm in the process of organising a renunion! I don't want to lose touch with old friends. I've also always had a dream of always catching up with "the girls" once a month for lunch/coffee etc, so what you do with your friends sounds fantastic!

Anyway, well done with the card, it's stunning!

I'm a new follower too.

Well done.

Lisa xx

alethea said...

Such a gorgeous card!! And I love your story behind it!! It must be lovely having a group of friends that you meet up with regularly!! hugsxx
alethea johnston @ yahoo dot com

Jessica said...

Lobe the card and the wonderful story. So nice to see women supporting each other
Jessica
Creativestamperspot@gmail dot com
Thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com

Linda Dale said...

I love butterflies and the thought of how carefree they seam just flying where they want in a relaxing way, flutter on. Love your card.

jackid said...

what a sweet card loving the butterflies
Jacki xx

Judy said...

Love the card, but mostly the story!! I am already a follower -- I'll see if I can send over a couple new ones....
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com

Cathie w said...

so cute and thanks for sharing


Cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

Patricia said...

so pretty!!! TFS

catagal@aol.com

Becky Dunham said...

What a fabulous card Anita! It sounds like you have a fabulous group of friends there :) My sisters, SIL and mom get together each month for birthdays (when we have them in that month) and go for lunch or breakfast. This does not usually include cocktails, but I totally understand what you mean by a carefree time of dreams - or at least a time of letting go and not worrying about what the kids are doing or whether the laundry is a mile high (which it always is). Thanks for sharing this beautiful card and sweet thoughts. I am a long time follower of your sweet blog and I hope you make it to 500 (blogger won't let me see)

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Becks Cricards said...

gorgeous card! Aren't we all carefree when enjoying a cocktail??? LOL

TFS

becky.mayhewlear AT gmail DOT com

Amanda said...

Hi Anita! I hope u get this b4 u head out 2 the PO 2morrow. I accidentally erased the email u sent me. I do love & really want the clipboard! Thanks. If u could email again & I will gladly send u my shipping info. Love your projects~u do amazing work~so inspiring! Take care & have a great night! Thanks again! prhmangel@gmail.com