Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Saturday, September 17, 2011

9/17 Upcycle Blog Hop

Welcome to our Upcycle Blog Hop .You should have gotten here from Beth   http://Mytimetoplay.blogspot.com   if not please go back to Tanya--our leader--  http://www.ScrappyScavenger.wordpress.com  for the beginning.  There are so many great projects you don't want to miss anything.  For my project I made a Halloween decoration for my front deck. I found some scrap wood on the side of the road,lightly washed it with watery white paint, sprayed some glimmer mist to make it shine.  Then I cut the witch's boot (I can't remember which cart) and the word BOO from Doodletype and used Mod Podge to  finish it.I plan on putting on our table on our deck.  For my Bog Candy you will get one of the wonderful DIY paper bag albums from Createserendepity.  Just make sure you are a follower and leave a comment. Now go to Shannon   http://www.Shannonleffew.blogspot.com   .  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Photobucket

21 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh Anita this is DARLING!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Beth Hillier said...

So cute Anita!

Brenda said...

love it, love it, love it. Great job. It's so great when we can "find" things and make them beautiful.
It's been great hopping with you.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Jennifer said...

Your sign turned out so cute!!! Great job.

Mallika said...

wow .. ultimate cute
now following you
hugs
mallika

Dawn said...

very cute

scrappyscavenger said...

Love it! Thanks so much for joining the hop Anita! I know I gave you a hardtime last night last nignt LOL!

Dawn, RI said...

cute sign. Looks like a good piece of wood.
Dawn RI
abosoffit@hotmail.com

TheScrapbookgirl at CricutConfessions said...

Love that you found the wood! Make the sign have a story!

Janice
www.cricutconfessions.com

Joe M said...

Very cool decoration! Love the boot too btw!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Won-der-ful! Great use of items and the idea of the hop. If you make one and decide you do not like it, you can toss it and try another.
Nice to hop host with you Anita.

Decorables said...

Great use of the wood, Anita. I am now following you.

McVic said...

so cute! Great home decor item for Halloween!
kacee

Joe Rotella said...

What a great way to use a scrap!!

Cathy said...

Wonderful job, amazing what you can do with a scrap piece of wood from the side of the road. Follower here.
mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

Babe O'Mara said...

So cute. Great job with just scrap. TFS.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Amanda said...

I love the plaque/sign! So stinkin' cute! We love Halloween here! I want 2 make an altered cigar box 4 my 2 boys 2! Been a devoted follower via GFC! thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot comI love the plaque/sign! So stinkin' cute! We love Halloween here! I want 2 make an altered cigar box 4 my 2 boys 2! Been a devoted follower via GFC! thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

Jeni said...

Let me first say I love the lady bugs on the page... they are so cute. I love wood works... miss my Dad He use to do.. it.. he passed in 1989

AmyJRockstar said...

Hi Sweetie! My my - you are an incredibly busy gal this weekend. :0) I LOVE that sign! I adore witchy boots. So cool. Great job as always and thanks for the chance to win some goodies!

Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway!

XO ~ Amy Jo - Follower
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

Lyneen said...

Great idea... this has my mind going hundreds of miles a minute with signs I could create!!!! TFS!

Lillian Child said...

Love that boot!!! CUTE!