Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Marine Corp Birthday Blog Hop Day Two



Happy 236th Birthday Marines! As we celebrate the 236th birthday of the United States Marine Corps, we also remember all men and women who have chosen to serve our country so we can be free. If you happened upon the this hop please visit Ashley's blog http://www.proudusmcwife415.blogspot.com to get started. You should have gotten here from Beckie's Blog http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com . This is day two of a three day hop and each one of my projects will have the same theme. My father (who passed away 28 years ago) served in the Marine's from 1951 thru----I really don't know. He was stationed at Camp Pendleton in California and scheduled to go to Korea during that war but broke his leg and spent his entire time in the Marine's performing office duty. But he was a Marine and very proud of it. Each day I will have a layout with different pictures that I have of the life in the Marines and at Camp Pendleton during the early 1950's.


The individual pictures today depict what my father and other men went through in basic training and combat training.


I hope you enjoy this little trip back in time concerning the Marines. I have certainly enjoyed putting this scrapbook project together.  My Blog Candy will be a $20 Gift Card from Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Just leave a comment, be a follower of my blog and make sure I can get in touch with you. Now, hop on to Alina http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com . Thank you Marines, past, present and future for all you have done.  Make sure you come back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Photobucket

14 comments:

Kim H said...

really like the layout, with the red, white, and blue background that has the jagged edge. love the mats having the diagonals opposite, it really is a great detail. thank you for sharing.

Ashley said...

Another great job on your layout! Since we live at Camp Pendleton, I LOVE seeing the old pictures! Thanks for joining in on my hop!

~Ashley

Linda Dale said...

Love the layout. Fabulous job.

Patricia Hurlburt said...

Fabulous layout! Thanks for sharing.
Patti
www.shortnscrappy.com

lindaplus3 said...

wonderful layout :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

Vicki said...

Great job. I love the matting and the background. I'm a follower.

Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

mamawcindy said...

You do such a good Job at Creating Layouts! Loved seeing the Pictures. Thanks for Sharing! I'm a follower! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

Amanda said...

Luv the LO's! Those old pics are great! Luv the black & white! Loyal follower via GFC & on FaceBook! Thanks~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

Addicted Scrapper said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! I didn't have the time to pull out the old photos but I will soon and share with you my friend!!

Alina

Brittney said...

Love your layouts!

-Brittney
rnbw_skittles32@hotmail.com
wwww.brittneyscricutcreations.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Hi Anita....I love the tank die cut on this layout! I am a new follower.

Sandi

ampressley@cfl.rr.com

Charlotte said...

Anita, These are great photos and such treasures I know for you. The basic training photos are familiar looking to me. My dad has talked a lot about basic training. He will not talk much at all about the war. He was critically injured and hospitalized for over a year. It is someting he does not like to re-visit. But he love s nothing more than the US Marines.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Love the layouts and how cool is it’s the picture for back then. Nicely done!

DramasWorld said...

It sounds very interesting!
i like the post very much keep it up
Yah this blog is making a dfference. I love it.i like your post on
Buy AC online
youtube without Proxy