Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Marine Corps Birthday Blog Hop


Happy 236th Birthday Marines! As we celebrate the 236th birthday of the United States Marine Corps, we also remember all men and women who have chosen to serve our country so we can be free. If you happened upon the this hop please visit Ashley's blog http://www.proudusmcwife415.blogspot.com to get started. You should have gotten here from Beckie's Blog http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com . This is a 3 day hop and each one of my projects will have the same theme. My father (who passed away 28 years ago) served in the Marine's from 1951 thru----I really don't know. He was stationed at Camp Pendleton in California and scheduled to go to Korea during that war but broke his leg and spent his entire time in the Marine's performing office duty. But he was a Marine and very proud of it. Each day I will have a layout with different pictures that I have of the life in the Marines and at Camp Pendleton during the early 1950's. If some of the pictures are too small I will make a separate picture. I hope you enjoy this little trip back in time concerning the Marines. My Blog Candy will be a $20 Gift Card from Hobby Lobby or MIchael's. Just leave a comment ,be a follower of my blog and make sure I can get in touch with you. Now, hop on to Alina http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com . Thank you Marines, past, present and future for all you have done.
Make sure you come back tomorrow.
Hugs,

Photobucket

17 comments:

Patricia Hurlburt said...

Love the layout. Thanks for sharing.
Patti
www.shortnscrappy.com

Brittney said...

Cute layout!

-Brittney
rnbw_skittles32@hotmail.com
www.brittneyscricutcreations.blogspot.com

mamawcindy said...

WOW! 236 Years. Happy Birthday to the Marine Corps!!! Great Layout! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

lindaplus3 said...

Happy Birthday Marines!!!!! Wonderful layout and tribute :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

Vicki said...

Great layout. I love the trim on all the sides. Very cool.


Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

Addicted Scrapper said...

Anita, I love that you are using your old photos!!!! I was born in Camp Pendelton in 1978 and I would love to go back for a visit. My brother is stationed in CA for now and thats great just wish I could afford to go out there but oh well right! My family is a long line of Marines and I have an Uncle in the Navy so I feel I had to be in this hop!! So glad we were in the hop together my crafty friend!!!

Alina

Beckie said...

Great LO.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Dawn said...

Great Layout. I also enjoyed reading about your dad and his history. Became a follower.
Dawn
finelyworking@aol.com

meredemaison said...

Anita, thanks so much for sharing about your father's time serving his country.
I'm following you and can't wait to see what's next! rgauss@sbcglobal.net

Kim H said...

wonderful layout. love the colors. its great to have the pics from that era to scrapbook. thank you for sharing.

Ashley said...

Love the layout! Thanks for joining in on my hop!

~Ashley

Amanda said...

Beautiful work Miss Anita! Follower via GFC & on FaceBook! Thanks~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

Sandi said...

I love the white border on your LO, Anita....it really makes the colors POP. I am a new follower.

Charlotte said...

Anita,

These are wonderful photos of your dad and his time in the Marines. My dad is 88 year old and his birthday is Nove. 10, the same as the Marines. He was inthe Pacific theater during WWII. He went through basic training at Camp Pendleton before shipping out.
I made him a card for his birthday/Marine Corp birthday and gave it to him this week. You can see it on my blog.
Charlotte

Charlotte said...

What a great LO about your dad. I know that you are very proud of his service in the Marines.
Charlotte
http://alittlebitofdetail.blogspot.com

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Any job in the military is important. If your dad was at his desk do you know all the problems the military would have. Awesome layout. Love the colors are those the very 1st pictures take back then. I’m a new happy follower of your blog.

Jeria22@yahoo.com

KATHERINE YOUNG said...

Everything about this is just beautiful! I love it:) New follower thru Google Friend Connect! Thanks for sharing & a chance 2 win a wonderful prize! EMAIL: ky5151@yahoo.com