Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Saturday, November 12, 2011

Marine Corps Birthday Blog Hop

Happy 236th Birthday Marines! As we celebrate the 236th birthday of the United States Marine Corps, we also remember all men and women who have chosen to serve our country so we can be free. If you happened upon the this hop please visit Ashley's blog http://www.proudusmcwife415.blogspot.com to get started. You should have gotten here from Beckie's Blog http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com . This is day three of a three day hop and each one of my projects will have the same theme. My father (who passed away 28 years ago) served in the Marine's from 1951 thru----I really don't know. He was stationed at Camp Pendleton in California and scheduled to go to Korea during that war but broke his leg and spent his entire time in the Marine's performing office duty. But he was a Marine and very proud of it.  Today's layout focuses on family life with different pictures at Camp Pendleton of my family during the early 1950's. 


I hope you enjoy this little trip back in time concerning the Marines. I have certainly enjoyed putting this scrapbook project together. I tried to include some close ups of the photos today.


Many men and womencarry on the tradition and honor of the Marines.  We salute you today, and thank you for your dedication.



My Blog Candy is a $20 Gift Card from Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Just leave a comment, be a follower of my blog and make sure I can get in touch with you. Now, hop on to Alina http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com .  This has been a great opportunity to participate in, and I hope for all of you to look at

Semper Fi
Photobucket

11 comments:

Brittney said...

Love your layouts!

-Brittney
rnbw_skittles32@hotmail.com
wwww.brittneyscricutcreations.blogspot.com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love this... the colors are perfect of course and the pictures are awesome! Thank you so much!
Lisa
lisascreativeniche at gmail dot com

Sandi said...

What a great layout....I love to see pages with vintage pictures. My dad was hurt at the beginning of The Korean war by falling off the back of a truck and didn't see much action either. I am a new follower. Thanks for the awsome giveaway.

Sandi

ampressley@cfl.rr.com

Addicted Scrapper said...

Another great LO!!!

Alina

lindaplus3 said...

good job with the lo :) kindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

Kim H said...

wonderful layouts, love the happy family pictures. great colors, layering, and button details. thank you for sharing.

mamawcindy said...

I have really enjoyed your Layouts! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely work !!!!
paulahogue@yahoo.com

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

aww how cute is this layout of your dad and is that you. Thanks to your dad for all he has done. Wow and look at that cute mailbox. I love this layout!

Amanda said...

Wonderful LO~luv the classic pics! Black & white photo's r soooo cool! Loyal follower via GFC & on FB! Thanx~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

Jennifer said...

Great layout! Like that you showed the pictures too!
www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
craftycardgallery at gmail dot com