Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sweet Cards and Decadent Desserts Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sweet Cards and Decadent Desserts Blog Hop! You should have just come from Dena http://missdjones.blogspot.com/  The complete blog hop lineup is at the bottom of this post.

Each blogger participating in this hop is featuring a Valentine's Day card for someone special in their life, whether it be a husband, boyfriend, child, friend, teacher, parent, etc ... Each participant is also posting a recipe for a decadent dessert that you might want to make for someone sweet in your life!

This is a two-day blog hop with some participants posting projects on both days. So, please be sure to stop by tomorrow also!


My project for today is a Valentine Card made out of K and Company Paper and Embellishments.

My recipe today came from Pinterest and is courtesy of "The Girl Who Ate Everything."

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
by Greta White

1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup coconut (optional...my sister did not like the texture of it in there)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.

3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut.
4) Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.


Thank you for stopping by my blog today. If you try my recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out!  Please hop on over to Janet's blog http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com next to see what she has to share with you!

The complete blog hop lineup is below:
Dena : http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
Anita : http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
Janet : http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com
Nicolette : www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com
Jearise : http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com
Jamie : http://myamusinglife.blogspot.com

BLOG CANDY - My Blog Candy is a DIY Paper Bag Album from Serendipity.  All you have to do to qualify is be a follower of my blog, and please leave feedback.  I will draw for a winner on February 7.
Photobucket

11 comments:

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Hi Anita, Love how you used the ribbon to sperate the hearts from each other. Very Pretty card. Your dessert sounds good. My hubby would like it because of the peanut butter. I like the sound of the coconut; but not the peanut butter. TFS!
jeria22@yahoo.com

Auntie Em said...

Very pretty card! Very yummy looking recipe. This blog hop could be very dangerous to the waist line! :D
Thanks for sharing! :)

Pamela Pattison Lash said...

Another lovely card and your yummy recipe is one I'll need to try! Of course, no calories - right? I am a follower and TFS!
pam_lash at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I love the card!

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely card, and the recipe looks yummy !!!
Paula

Judy said...

Oh my goodness, both your card and recipe are yummy! I will def let you know when I try it:-)
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

Cathie w said...

love love this

cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

ScrapMyWay said...

Fun Valentine card! Love the ribbon in the middle. Peanut butter is my favorite only out of a jar!
TFS New follower!
Stop by please & say HI!
Creative Wishes,
Claire
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Carla said...

Your card is adorable and your recipe sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing.


http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
racincrafts at aim dot com

Auntie Em said...

I had to come back and let you know I tried your recipe. The smell is heavenly and they are so rich. Thanks for sharing! :)

Suzys Crafts said...

love your card. can't wait to try your recipe.