Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Friday, March 16, 2012

My Fair Lady Blog Hop

Welcome to the "My Fair Lady Blog Hop."




My Fair Lady is a musical based upon George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion and with book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe. The story concerns Eliza Doolittle, a Cockney flower girl who takes speech lessons from professor Henry Higgins, a phoneticist, so that she may pass as a well born lady.
The musical's 1956 Broadway production was a hit, setting what was then the record for the longest run of any major musical theatre production in history. It was followed by a hit London production, a popular film version, and numerous revivals. It has been called "the perfect musical".

 

Unless you just happened upon my site you should have arrived at the soundstage from Debbie - http://debbiescrafttime.blogspot.com/ .  If you didn't start at the beginning then by all means please do so by going to Gill - http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com .



My project today celebrates this timeless musical.  I made a card representing the elegance and beauty that exemplifies the style of My Fair Lady.  I used a Market Street Stamp, a Preima Flower, and Graphic 45 paper.  I love the colors and hope you will as well.

I hope you will continue on with this marvelous production produced by Gill by moving along to Dena - http://missdjones.blogspot.com/

Hugs


Photobucket

11 comments:

ScrappyScavenger said...

Beautiful! That prima flower is lovely and That stamp is sweet!

Pamela said...

A very different card to the other's in the hop - I adore that shimmery flower. Off now to the last blog in the hop - Dena's.

Linda Dale said...

Lovely card, I like the edging on the edge of both flaps of the card. thanks for the info on the musical. Blessings, Linda

Debbeescds said...

Love your card.. and the flower is beautiful. I also love how we have produced so many different ideas on the theme!xxx

KathyJo said...

One of my favorite musicals of all time. Beautiful card! Very classy looking.

lorby said...

I like it. You did a very nice job and with all the hops you're in this weekend - amazing. thanks for sharing. Jearise A.K.A. Lorby

Valerie said...

Lovely to see a different take on the theme Anita, fabulous flower!
Val x

Becky Dunham said...

What a sweet card Anita! This is truly a timeless movie - one of my most favorites! I adore everything about My Fair Lady and Audrey Hepburn. Love your take on the theme!

Gill McCall said...

i love your card for this hop, so vintage and chic. thanks for taking part in the hop.

Linda said...

Beautiful card and love the papers too. Great hopping with you.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jackid said...

great take on the theme love what you came up with
Jacki xx