Double Dog

I Double Dog Dare You

Sherri-Baldy


Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1, 2012 Calendar Girls

My holiday is National letter writing Day---which we don't do nearly enough of.I have a letter that my Great-Great Grandfather wrote my Great-Great Grandmother during the civil war.It has always been one of my most treasured letters.I have just taken a couple of pictures so you will get the idea of the letter writing.And then I made a card (which I don't send enough of) for my BFF.






******Since I was late posting ----I have very nice blog candy------Visit everyone in the lineup and leave a comment and become a follower---and my blog too--lol--then go to my faceook page Anita Meadows Cannon and leave me a note that you completed the hop and I will pick a winner Monday night of a $25.00 gift card from Michael's that I can send by email---so pleanty of time for Christmas.
Now go on to the next stop -- Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/


Photobucket

7 comments:

lorby said...

I love your card and that special letter. Oh how wonderful to have that. Did your great, great grandfather make it home? You're card is very beautiful! I enjoyed hopping with you as usual. Hugs, Jearise

Edwina said...

So glad you got your post up. I love sending letters and receiving them. your grandfather's letter is very special. Thank you for sharing it. Love the card you made. It is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Lucy Kelleher said...

What a great idea and I just love your card and the story behind it! My MIL still writes letters to us and I keep them :) TFS

Lucy
http://love2createitall.com

Camille Short said...

Oh, my word...that card is perfect for the "holiday." I just love it. Thanks for sharing.

Miriam said...

What an absolutely lovely card and such sentimental letters. I appreciate your sharing these with us!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Lovely card Miss Anita. Did you make the flowers?
(don't enter me in your candy)

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

What a beautiful keepsake not to mention a super beautiful card! It is always truly a pleasure hopping with you my dear friend!!!
Much Love, Hugs, and Friendship
Lynne